As a Digital PR Writer at Awesome Motive, you’re responsible for growing our organic traffic by writing high-quality articles on digital marketing, technology, and small business topics.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- Minimum 2+ years experience as a Content Writer or similar role.
- Mid to high-level understanding of WordPress.
- Mid to high-level understanding of business marketing topics such as content marketing, SEO, and social media.
- Excellent overall writing skills, and ability to adapt to follow different publications’ style guides.
- Impeccable spelling, grammar, and attention to detail.
- Great research and citation of sources.
- High comprehension of software like Google Docs.
- An understanding of formatting articles on the web.
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices.
- Skilled in making technical or advanced information simple to understand for non-technical individuals and beginners.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and timelines and meet all deadlines.
- Excel in a team environment and be able to communicate clearly with your peers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and naturally curious to learn new things.
Nice-to-have but not required:
- Experience with ghost writing and/or guest posting.
- Having your own WordPress blog.
- PR or sales experience.
- Brainstorm and pitch topic ideas, keeping in mind the needs and guidelines of independent publications
- Write 8-10 articles per week (wordcount varies but typically around 800-1,000 words)
What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Health Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Mid and end of year discretionary bonuses and yearly raises.
- Flexible Schedule – Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- After one year with the company: 30 calendar days paid maternity/paternity leave, and up to 60 calendar days total time off with position guaranteed.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that makes a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application below.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch within a few days.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!